Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Guess Who Made the Front Page!

Monday night The Young Democrats Club and The Young Republicans Club had a sort of presidential debate. There were three speakers for each club. Two debated the economy crisis, two debated foreign affairs, and the last two gave a candidate over-view. My friend Judith, president of the YDC, organized the whole thing. She called me the night before to see if i could bring a package of cookies. I told her that my mom had offered to make a cake, and she said that would be awesome. The debate coach for our school, Mrs. Caldwell was so excited about this cake that at the end of the debate (which was a great success) asked me if I could bring it out for a picture. She proceeded to tell the entire audience about how my mom had generously contributed and pointed out the business cards I had printed out for mom's cake decorating. This was on the front page of Lindale ISD's website:

5 comments:

Jasonmrazfanluv said...

Our school had a deabate today and it was on tv We had a famous News Guy come in and it went on the news! I LOVE your blog!
Gina

Bundy 6 Pak said...

Your mom is awesome! Love the cake!

Mom in Mendon said...

Maladyets! (accent on the last syllable)

That's Russian for "good job." Good job, Robin! Good job, Mom.

Shannon said...

That is so cool! I remember being at the Bushman's in Germany and learning a couple cake baking tips. Nice job Rodgers girls!

grams said...

what a cool MOM and what a great gal to be so active in debate. You must get the debating genes from your DAD, cause he is a naturally born great debater-always has been. Love ya grams